Monday 24 September 2012

Smashbox Lid and Foundation Primers

 
Last week I purchased the Smashbox Try It Kit and did a brief post on it which you can see here.
So today's post is a bit more of an in depth review on a couple of their products that I received in this kit....their primers! This kit comes with the Oil Free Photo Finish Foundation Primer and the Photo Finish Lid Primer.
 
Being that I suffer with combination skin the oil free primer was a perfect choice for me. Now I don't really use a lid primer day to day and I've had the Urban Decay Primer Potion for about a year and barely use it, so I can't be a fountain of knowledge on this subject.
 
 
 
 
 
The foundation primer is a clear gel which is quite thick but not heavy once applied. It has no fragrance to it which I like and a little goes a loooong way which I found out after I squeezed a big dollop out onto my hand and didn't end up using! I would have put a close up picture of this product out of the bottle but it literally is just a clear gel- not much to look at really! I've been using this for a week and I'm seriously addicted! I love the texture of it, it's like velvet and leaves my skin so soft and smooth I almost don't want to put make up over the top! I've noticed my foundation seems to stay on longer when I'm using this primer and it also seems easier to apply once I've primed my skin with this.  Beautiful product that I will 100% be re-purchasing.
 
Now for the lid primer, as I've mentioned I don't use this sort of thing a lot so can't say whether it is better or worse than any others. It's kind of the consistency of a concealer and again has no fragrance to it. I think the product is probably a great one but I have to be honest and say I'm not convinced I need a product like this in my make up bag! I know I'm probably not supposed to say that and all the make up gurus out there will be aghast at that but there, I've said it! I'll carry on using it for a while as I know these are supposed to help your eye make up stay on longer - we shall see!
 
 
So far, very impressed with the quality of the Smashbox products and can't wait to do a review of the next lot of their products and share them with you all.
 
Which is your favourite primer?
Do you swear by a lid primer and use one as part of your everyday make up routine?
 
xxx
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice review on Smashbox foundation primer. I hope to read more of like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasper, hopefully there will be many more! Thanks for reading! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...