Wednesday 26 September 2012

Smashbox Review ~ Eyes and Lips

 
As part of my Smashbox Try it Kit I also received an eye liner, mascara and lip gloss. If you haven't checked out my post on the try it kit have a look here.
 
As promised here's a little review of some of the products in the kit.
First off all the products are sample sized and included the HyperLash Mascara, Limitless Eye Liner and Lip Enhancing Gloss.
 
 
 
 
 Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures, my camera was playing up and not being a whizz with technology I didn't know how to sort it! Anyway, the eye liner black and looks like your standard eye liner pencil. But this has got to be without a doubt the best pencil I have ever used! Ever! I don't know why but this pencil just seems to glide on easily and doesn't pull at the skin around my eyes. With a lot of other pencils I find they don't give a clean line and can pull drag across the skin a bit. This gives a clean and defined line, it's soft and lasts for nearly a whole day without needing to re-apply! So far it's ticked all the boxes for me.
 
 
 
 
The lipgloss is nice and the shade in this pack is Illume. As you can see in the picture below it's a very sheer colour with a bit of glitter in the mix. It's great for the day and practically any skin tone could wear this. It's a bit sticky but generally it's a nice gloss. I just wouldn't repurchase in this shade as it's a bit "something and nothing" for my liking.
 
 
 
 
Now for my absolute favourite of the kit! The Hyperlash mascara! Oh. My. God. This is truly one of the best mascaras I've ever used! I'm so picky when it comes to mascara, mainly because I have quite high expectations. I like a mascara to last, to lengthen and to separate my lashes. Luckily this does all three! I didn't have high expectations for this mascara but I was proved so wrong. This comes in the Blackest Black and the full sized one retails at £19 which I don't think is a bad price for a great mascara. The only bad thing is that from what I can see on the Smashbox websites, their mascaras only come in black so they're not going to be perfect for everyone which is a shame.
 
 
 
All in all I'd say this was money well spent. I'd definitely re-purchase the mascara, eye liner and lip gloss in another shade! Plus I've found a great new mascara that I probably wouldn't have had the chance to try without buying this kit.
 
You can view the Smashbox website here and check out the products mentioned in this post.
 
What do you think of the Smashbox products?
Would try any of these from the Try me kit?
 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...